How to order the list?
If your company or organisation is not yet a customer of DNCM asbl, you must first register your company on our website by creating an account. Click here to create your company account.
Once your order is completed, choose a payment method (online payment or bank transfer). Upon receipt of payment, your access to the DNCM list will be activated.
If your company or organisation is already a customer of DNCM asbl, you can log in to your account to adjust your order, renew or place a new order.
The price of the license on the DNCM list depends on the number of employees and the type of company.
Consult our prices to check which category your company belongs to.
How can I consult the DNCM list? How does it work?
Once your access to the DNCM list has been activated, you can consult it in various ways:
1. Download via your online account - the download function is immediately available upon activation of your account
2. Real-time number-by-number check - the real time check is available immediately upon activation of your account
3. Integration via sFTP - the request for sFTP integration can only be made by the account manager (the person who registered the company)
4. Integration via API - the request for integration via API can only be made by the account manager (the person who registered the company)
Every day, just before midnight, the DNCM file is updated and the complete file is made available to our customers. You need to download this file again at least every 5 days.
Why do I need to order the list?
As a company/organisation, you are subject to the legislation when you carry out commercial direct marketing actions via the telephone, both to customers and prospects, i.e. potential customers. For example, when organisations contact people with actions to raise money for charities or to recruit members, then that also counts as direct marketing.
DNCM vzw offers every Belgian telephone subscriber the opportunity to register his or her telephone number free of charge. DNCM vzw is also responsible for making the list available to companies or organisations that carry out commercial telemarketing.
Frequently asked questions
When do I need to use the Do Not Call Me list?
As a company/organisation, you are governed by the DNCM legislation when you carry out commercial direct-marketing campaigns via telephone aimed at either customers or prospects, i.e. potential customers. When, for example, organisations contact people with campaigns to raise money for charities or to attract members, this is categorised as direct marketing. But ‘contacting’ is not always categorised as direct marketing. For example:
- a business that contacts a client to confirm an appointment;
- a business that informs a client about a potential problem with a product they have purchased.
Do I have to pay for the Do Not Call Me list?
Yes, you have to pay for a licence for the Do Not Call Me list. The price of a licence is dependent on the number of employees (either fewer than or exactly 250 employees, or more than 250 employees), as well as on the type of company:
- Advertiser: a party that wishes to approach consumers/businesses with a campaign;
- Service provider: a party commissioned by an advertiser to process call databases and/or carry out a telephone campaign (call centre, data company)
Service providers: €1,900 per year, or €900 per year if fewer than or exactly 250 employees
Advertisers: €2,750 per year, or €950 per year fewer than or exactly 250 employees
Advertisers can also opt for a 1-month licence: €99
All our prices exclude 21% VAT.
How can I comply with the Do Not Call Me legislation?
Create an account via this link.
The price of the licence is determined by the type of company (advertiser >< service provider) and the size of your company (see ‘Licence Prices’ question for more details).
Upon receipt of both your order and payment, DNCM vzw will activate your access to the list.
Your annual licence will automatically be renewed each year for the duration of one year, unless you cancel your DNCM licence by email or through your online account no later than one month before the due date.